Saturday, December 19, 2009

Finally on my way

"Look, I was just on my way to pay you back, but I got a little sidetracked! It's not my fault."

-- Hans Solo

Well...after being hospitalized twice and going through an amputation (right leg, above the knee), I'm finally heading out to Bangkok. HR still has some kinks to work out, but I'm not waiting for them, they'll figure it out.

So the plan is to spend one last Christmas on the east coast (getting loads of snow today, Moht will be happy and sad at the same time). Spend it with the kids, who will all be back by Christmas Eve, pack up and go.

Then we will spend New Year's Eve in Kalasin (Moht's home), have a big Isaan Karaoke, drinking party and hangover day (not teetotaler me -- "...thank God I'm only watching the game -- controlling it"), then go back to Bangkok to find an apartment. I'll be travellig for much of the first couple of months, but nothing new there except a new home base. Moht and I are very excited and can't wait to make the jump.

Finally, this blog's purpose is coming to fruition.

No comments:

Post a Comment